Wednesday, January 28, 2009

White Chicken Chili

I am a huge fan of soup when it is cold outside and yesterday was one of those days. When I googled this recipe, I found many variations. I just went through and picked out the ones that I had the ingredients for and then made up my own. I kept it very simple so the kids would not complain. It worked because they all had seconds!

5-6 chicken tenders cooked and cubed
2 cans Chicken broth
2 cans Northern White Beans rinsed and drained
1/2 can diced Green Chilies
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp ground cumin
Oregano (I just put in a few pinches)
Sour Cream
Grated Cheese
Tortilla Chips

I browned my chicken and then cubed it. Add chicken, green chilies, broth and seasonings to crockpot. Cook on low for three to four hours. This is really just to let everything simmer together. One hour before you want to serve it, add beans. Right before serving add sour cream. I added about 1/2 -3/4 Cup, it's really however much you want. Serve with grated cheese (I used Colbyjack) and tortilla chips. This generously served all five of us and one bowl of leftovers for Jon's lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment