Thursday, September 26, 2013

Mini Pumpkin Cakes

Fall is in the air and at the moment it feels great!  I wish we could bottle this temperature for several months!  I saw this recipe posted on Facebook  which lead me to Picky Palate and had to try it.  I do love her blog and have tried many of her recipes.  For the first time ever, I did not have any ice cream in my house, but still wanted to try these.  I just used heavy cream instead.  They turned out really well, which only means that doing it with melted ice cream must be amazing! I also do not have a doughnut pan, so I just made mine in my mini bundt pan.  This recipe made 10 mini pumpkin cakes.  Would definitely double it next time.




Mini Pumpkin Cakes

Ingredients:
3/4 cup GF featherlite flour 
½ tsp xanthan gum
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
3/4 cup vanilla ice cream (measured before melting) (I used heavy whipping cream)

Glaze:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup heavy cream (you may need a couple tablespoons more if too thick)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray mini bundt pan or doughnut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Place flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, sugar, pumpkin, egg, vanilla and pudding mix into a large mixing bowl.
3. Place ice cream into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds or until just barely melted. Pour into mixing bowl and combine with other ingredients until well combined. Scoop batter into prepared doughnut or mini bundt pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until baked through. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.

4. To prepare the glaze, place powdered sugar and cream into a bowl, whisking to combine. Add more cream if needs thinning out. Dip tops of donuts or mini cakes in glaze and serve!


Makes 9-11 donuts or mini bundt cakes

No comments:

Post a Comment