Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Caked Oreo's

I found this recipe over here at Picky Palate.  Her version is NOT GF, but I switched a few things to make them work for us.  I chose to use a GF cake mix rather than the brownie mix.  The cake mix tends to be a bit more runny which makes covering the Oreo's a little easier. They are DELICIOUS!!  These little cakes are simple to make and very adaptable for any holiday or occasion.



 




1 Brownie mix (I used Betty Crocker Chocolate Cake Mix)
1 package GF Oreo's (I used Kinnikinnick Brand)
White chocolate, melted for drizzle
Sprinkles

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare cake/brownie batter according to package directions. Leave in mixing bowl. Dip Oreos in cake/brownie batter, then place in bottom of cupcake tins that have been generously sprayed with cooking spray. (I used cupcake liners in mine instead of spraying them. I do not enjoy cleaning/washing cupcake pans!) Bake for 12-15 minutes, until cake/brownie is cooked through (doesn’t take long). As soon as you remove, take a plastic knife and run along edges if not using liners, (this is VERY important so you can get the cake/brownie and cookie out together.
2. Let cool for 5 minutes, remove and drizzle with melted white chocolate and add sprinkles.
 Enjoy !!

** There are only about 21 cookies in the Kinnikinnick Oreo package, so I just made candy cane cupcakes with the rest of the batter.  (I smashed a bunch of candy canes and stirred them in into the batter).

No comments:

Post a Comment