Monday, September 30, 2013

Sweet and Sour Meatballs

One of the things I love about this recipe is that it is one I can stock up in the freezer with. I will buy about 5 1/2 pounds of ground beef and make it all into meatballs (Adjust the recipe accordingly). I make mine about the size of a golf ball and fill a cookie sheet or two and freeze them for about an hour. At that point I bag them up in freezer bags and voila , I now have at least five or six meals that I can pull out and all I have to do is make up the sauce and rice!



Sweet and Sour Meatballs

1 to 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
3/4 cup GF rolled oats
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
A pinch of pepper
1 teaspoon GF Worcestershire sauce

Combine all ingredients; mix well. Form into balls. Place in sprayed casserole dish. Cover with sauce (below). Bake at 350 degree for about 30 minutes. Makes 6 to 8 servings, Serve over rice and with a veggie or salad on the side.

Sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup vinegar
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
1/4 cup GF BBQ  sauce
1 teaspoon GF Worcestershire sauce

**I have started adding chopped green and red peppers and pineapple to our meatballs to give it some color.  Add to your liking...

Combine ingredients and blend thoroughly. Heat and pour over meatballs.

** I also double the sauce because I like mine saucy.

No comments:

Post a Comment