Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Snicker Apple Salad


I remember having this salad years ago and forgetting about it until I saw it on pinterest!  This past weekend we had three gatherings that all required me to bring a side dish.  I decided this would be a good time to bust this out and introduce it to the family.  Let's just say it is so yummy that I tried to convince the kiddos that it was potato salad (because my kids don't like potato salad) so they wouldn't want to eat it all!  The original recipe calls for vanilla pudding, I only had french vanilla, hence the more yellow color.  It has an amazing combination of flavors that are sure to be a hit with your family!


Snicker Apple Salad

Ingredients:

6 regular size Snickers Candy Bar
6 apples (I used Granny Smith)
1 (5 oz.) package Vanilla Instant Pudding ; powder only (I used French Vanilla)
1/2 cup milk
1 (12 oz.) tub cool whip
Caramel ice cream sauce for drizzling on top

Instructions:

Whisk vanilla pudding powder, 1/2 cup milk and cool whip together until well combined.
Chop up apples and Snickers.  Stir chopped apples and Snickers into pudding mixture.  Place in a large bowl and drizzle with caramel ice cream topping.  Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment