Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Korean Beef or Chicken

My husband has already made it very clear that this recipe must be added into our menu rotation.  It was amazingly quick to make and was very tasty.  This was another pinterest find!  I think it would work  to use any meat of your choice as well.  Next time we make this I will be trying it with chicken.
**Update...2/1/2013...We love it with chicken!



Korean Beef
1 pound lean ground beef  (or 3-4 chicken breasts cubed)
1/4 - 1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup GF soy sauce 
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced (I just used dry powdered ginger)
1/2 - 1 teaspoon crushed red peppers (to desired spiciness)
salt and pepper
1 bunch green onions, diced (don't skip this!)

Heat a large skillet over medium heat and brown hamburger or chicken with garlic in the sesame oil. Drain most of the fat and add brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, salt and pepper and red peppers. Simmer for a few minutes to blend the flavors. Serve over steamed rice and top with green onions. 

3 comments:

  1. Hello,
    My husband has just recently discovered he has a gluten allergy so we are now a GF home. I have loved looking through you blog and and excited to try out your recipes. I did have a question on this one though... I noticed that this recipe has soy sauce in it and soy sauce has wheat in it. Can you get GF soy sauce? Anyway thanks for posting all of these:)
    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, There are a few brands out there that are 'safe' or do not contain gluten. La Choy is one and Smith/Kroger brand are two that we use in our home. Companies are ALWAYS changing their ingredients, so I read the labels every time I buy more. I am glad that you found my blog. I would love feed back on any recipes you try!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete