Friday, May 20, 2011

Chocolate Covered Marshmallows

Sometimes things happen at just the right moment.  I got my weekly email from KRAFT with this recipe and I was in desperate need of a quick treat for a piano recital tonight... viola!! I had everything on hand so we were good to go!  These are way easy and a GREAT treat for the kids to do mostly by themselves, maybe just a little help from mom or dad with the stove top for melting the chocolate.  I altered the recipe just a little bit, so if you want to see the original, click here.  I had found chocolate marshmallows at Walmart the other day so we dipped both the white and the chocolate marshmallows.





7 squares of baking chocolate (I used Kroger Brand from Smith's)
35-40   JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
Multi-colored sprinkles

Melt chocolate on the stove top in a double broiler.
Dip marshmallows, 1 at a time, in chocolate, turning to evenly coat each marshmallow. Gently shake off excess chocolate ( I used two toothpicks for this process).
Place in single layer on sheet of waxed paper; top with sprinkles Refrigerate 20 min. or until chocolate is firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment