Friday, March 25, 2011

Pizza Birthday Cake

I was surfing the web for a fun birthday cake idea for my little man (who turned 4 today), and I saw this one.
I think one of the reasons I fell in love with it is because on Friday's at our house it is pizza night, so this was very fitting!  




Pizza Cake

1 GF yellow cake mix ( I used Betty Crocker's)
Frosting - add red food paste and a little bit of brown paste to give it more of the dark pizza sauce color)

Cheese: grated or finely chopped white baking chocolate
Pepperoni: Strawberry Fruit Roll-Up cut into circles
Pineapple: yellow DOTS cut in half
Green peppers: GUMMI BEARS cut into pieces
Hamburger: TOOTSIE ROLLS sliced
Parmesan Cheese: Finely grated white chocolate

Color your frosting. Cook cake as directed.  If needed, level cake on top with a knife.  I spread my frosting on while the cake is still slightly warm to give it that runny sauce look.  Sprinkle on chopped white chocolate.  Then add toppings as desired.  Have fun with it and use any candy or treat that resembles a pizza topping!  For that special final touch, place the pizza cake in a pizza box!!

No comments:

Post a Comment