Just in time for fall and the upcoming holidays. There is something about pumpkin, cream cheese and chocolate all together at the same time! They freeze well (without the frosting) and they are super moist and yummy. Even without frosting on top they are a very delicious cookie. I have to thank my friend Erin for sharing this recipe with us.
Pumpkin Spice Cookies
1 cup shortening, (butter flavored) (I used softened butter)
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup canned pumpkin puree,
2 cups GF Flour (Four bean flour) (I used Featherlite)
1tsp Xanthan Gum
1 tsp Egg Replacer (did not use)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon, ground
1 vanilla pudding, instant, 3.4 oz. package (sugar free optional)
1 16 oz. cream cheese, container of frosting
maple flavoring to taste or make cream cheese frosting from scratch and add maple flavoring
I just used cream cheese flavored frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease cookie sheets.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter flavored shortening and sugar. Beat in the egg and vanilla then stir in the pumpkin puree.
3. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and vanilla instant pudding mix; gradually mix into the pumpkin mixture. (The dough will be very tacky and you may want to add ⅓ to ½ cup flour to the mix to be able to roll the dough and to adjust for high altitude to keep the cookies from spreading out as much when they bake).
4. Roll into walnut sized balls and place them two inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes in preheated oven, until lightly browned at the edges. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
**I ended up using about 2 ½ -2 ¾ c of flour.
I also like to add about a half a bag of chocolate chips