Friday, September 17, 2010

Chicken Stir Fry

This recipe comes from The Dr. Oz Show.    It is very easy, quick and pretty tastey.


Ingredients

2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ onion, chopped
4 tsp of fresh ginger, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 cup of cooked chicken breast, shredded
2 cups of multi grain rice, cooked
4 cup of fresh spinach
4 tsp of fresh Italian parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper

Directions
Cook rice according to directions on box. Heat skillet, add onion, celery, ginger, and garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Add cooked rice, spinach and chicken and toss. Season with salt and pepper and chopped parsley. Serve.

** Multi grain rice was rather expensive, so I bought a small box of wild rice, then with the brown and white rice I had at home I mixed them all together to make 2 C of multi grain.  I cooked mine in my rice cooker according to the directions in the manual for brown rice.

1 comment:

  1. I made this last night and loved it. Thank you for telling me about it and posting it. It will probably become one of out standard meals.

    ReplyDelete