Sunday, January 3, 2010

Santa Fe Chicken

I can't believe that a whole year has passed since I started posting recipes.  My goal for this coming year is to  meal plan for the entire month and to try at least 4 new recipes a month.  Wish me luck! So here is recipe #1 for the month of January. I will be the first to admit that this is one of those meals that is hard to make look good in a picture, but it definitely tasted great.  It has a little bit of a kick to it.  I served mine with rice and tortilla chips and sprinkled it with cheddar cheese. 


4-6 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
1 can black beans rinsed and drained
1 can corn rinsed and drained
1 jar of mild green salsa
1 8 oz. pkg of cream cheese

Place everything in the crockpot and cook on high for 5-6 hours.
We sprinkled ours with cheddar cheese and added tortilla chips on the side.

**This is half of the original recipe and it still made ALOT.  Plenty of leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment