Sunday, February 22, 2009

Fideo

I have to thank my sis Michelle for this great recipe. It is a little on the spicy side, so some kids may not like it.


I have boughten El Pato at Walmart and Smith's. It is on the same aisle as the green chillies.

The Queso Fresco comes in a round block. I crumble it after opening the package. I get mine at Walmart only because it is cheaper.


Fideo

1/2 uncooked rice
Brown rice in a pan (stock pot) with some oil. (Browning the rice makes it so it won't continue to swell and soak up all the liquids). Once the rice is browned, add the following:

3 cans of tomato sauce
1 can of El Pato (I only use half a can or it is too spicy for my kids.)
4 cans of water
Cooked, shredded chicken (as much as you want)
Chicken bullion to taste
Garlic to taste

Simmer for a bit. Top with queso fresco , fresh lime juice and
tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment