Friday, January 23, 2009

Cheesey Garlic Breadsticks

Oh....my.....goodness! I had forgotten how much we loved the taste of these breadsticks. We made pizza tonight, so I took a chunk of the dough and placed it on a seperate stone. (I spread it out just like I would for the pizza) Cover it with greased wax paper and let it rise until double in size. Cook in oven at 400 degrees until light golden brown(mine took 15 minutes), pull it out and spread the garlic mixture on it and then sprinkle some monzarella cheese on top, then place it back in the oven just long enough to melt the cheese. My only complaint is that there wasn't enough!
I used the Pizza dough recipe (Label: Main dish) for the breadsticks. Since I was only making a very small batch of breadsticks, I halved the recipe and still had more than enough garlic mixture.

Mix together:

Butter 1/4 C
Mayonnaise 1/4 C
Parmesan Cheese 1/4 C
Garlic powder 1/4 tsp
Parsley Flakes I just sprinkle in enough to give it some color
Shredded Cheese Your choice, I used monzarella

Bake @ 400 degrees for about 15 minutes
Then again just long enough to melt the cheese

**This amount here generously covers the size of a cookie sheet**

No comments:

Post a Comment